Terms & Conditions of the Website
Reliance On Information Posted & Disclaimer
- The materials contained on our site are provided for general information purposes only and do not claim to be or constitute legal or other professional advice and shall not be relied upon as such.
- We do not accept any responsibility for any loss which may arise from accessing or reliance on the information on this site and to the fullest extent permitted by English law, we exclude all liability for loss or damages direct or indirect arising from use of this site.
Accessing our site
- Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
Intellectual property rights
- We are The Owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our site.
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged.
- You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Our site changes regularly
- We aim to update our site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
- The material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
- Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time; and
- for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
- This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
- Our automatic email reply does not constitute a binding contract as it does not have the capacity to check for errors in the listing. The contract only becomes binding when the status is changed to shipped.
- We reserve the right to cancel any orders where the purchased product includes incorrect information on our website such as price, description, pictures and the like.
Information about you and your visits to our site
- We will not sell, share, or rent your personal information to any third party or use your e-mail address for unsolicited mail. Any emails sent by this Company will only be in connection with the provision of agreed services and products.
- We use IP addresses to analyse trends, administer the site, track user’s movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information. Additionally, for systems administration, detecting usage patterns and troubleshooting purposes, our web servers automatically log standard access information including browser type, access times/open mail, URL requested, and referral URL. This information is not shared with third parties and is used only within this Company on a need-to-know basis. Any individually identifiable information related to this data will never be used in any way different to that stated above without your explicit permission.
Viruses, hacking and other offences
- You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Links from our site
Jurisdiction and applicable law
- The English courts will have non-exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from or related to, a visit to our site.
- SBS AV is a UK registered trade mark of SBS Audio Visual Ltd.
- These terms and conditions form part of the Agreement between the Client and ourselves. Your accessing of this website and/or undertaking of a booking or Agreement indicates your understanding, agreement to and acceptance, of the Disclaimer Notice and the full Terms and Conditions contained herein. Your statutory Consumer Rights are unaffected.
- If you have any concerns about material which appears on our site, please contact us.
- SBS AV, Unit 17 Wheelforge Way, Trafford Park, Manchester M17 1EH; the letting of equipment on hire is hereinafter referred to as the “Owner” and this expression includes its successors.
- The “Hirer” is the company, firm or person taking The Owners equipment on hire and this expression includes his successors or personal representatives.
- ”Equipment” shall include any lighting, sound or special effect or part thereof and any attachments, leads or any other thing under this contract.
- ”Hire rate”- shall be the rate of hire for the equipment as provided in the invoice / agreement & subject to the provisions of these terms & conditions of hire.
- The Hirer's order, whether oral or in writing for the supply of equipment shall be construed as an expressed acceptance of these terms & conditions of hire, and in so far as any provision of The Hirer's said order be inconsistent therewith these terms and conditions of hire shall be deemed to prevail.
- Any variations in the contract shall be in writing.
- The Hirer warrants to The Owner that no representations have been made to him concerning the equipment & in particular its suitability for any particular purpose or for work in any particular place & that in entering into this contract The Hirer does not rely upon any such representation & has satisfied himself independently upon all such matters; and accordingly The Hirer shall seek no relief in respect of any such representation & in particular shall bring no proceedings for misrepresentation whether under the misrepresentation act 1967 or otherwise.
Commencement of Hire:
- Subject to the provisions of the of the invoice/agreement, The Owner shall supply the equipment on the collection date. The period of hire shall start on such collection. Hire charges shall commence on collection unless otherwise stated on the invoice/agreement.
- Responsibility for loss or damage to the equipment is accepted by The Hirer from the time the equipment is collected until its return to The Owner & The Owner has subsequently fully inspected said equipment to his satisfaction.
These terms & conditions do not effect The Hirers statutory rights.
Hirers liability or loss or damage:
- The Hirer accepts full responsibility to The Owner for loss or damage to or destruction of the equipment suffered during the period of hire from whatever cause the same may arise and is fully responsible to The Owner for the safekeeping of the equipment and its return in equal order to The Owner at the end of the hire.
- The Hirer accepts all liability & responsibility in respect of & shall & completely indemnify The Owner against all third party claims & losses howsoever arising in respect of damage to or loss or destruction of any property or in respect of the personal injury or death of anybody in any way caused by or relating to the equipment or its use.
- The Owner shall not be liable to The Hirer in respect of any damage to or loss or destruction of the property of The Hirer nor in respect of the
- Personal injury or death of The Hirer or his employees or contractors or other persons in any way caused by or relating to the equipment or its use howsoever such damage, loss, destruction, injury or death shall be caused.
- The Owner shall ensure that at the commencement of the hire the equipment shall be of sound construction & in good working order.
- All smoke machines will be supplied with 1 litre of smoke fluid, The Hirer will be responsible for further supplies at further cost.
- Equipment using electric lamps will be tested & working & The Owner cannot be held responsible for lamp failure (it is suggested The Hirer purchases spare lamps which will be refunded after the hire period if unused /undamaged.)
The Hirer will fully insure with a reputable insurance company
- The equipment as described in the invoice i agreement for the full new replacement value against loss or damage or destruction howsoever arising.
- In respect of all The Hirers liability (or responsibility & indemnity) to The Owner.
- In respect of The Hirers liability to third parties relating to the equipment or its use.
It is suggested:
- That goods being stored in a vehicle or building fitted with alarms, the alarms must be set.
- Goods must not be on display when stored in a vehicle (for example the goods must be stored in the boot of a car.)
- The Hirer must make payment in full before equipment can be released.
- The Hirer shall pay The Owner forthwith for all repairs & replacements to the equipment, except for repairs & replacements due to wear & tear.
The Hirer shall not without the consent of The Owner assign, sublet, mortgage, charge, pledge part with possession of or otherwise deal with the equipment.
The Hirer shall not have any criminal conviction relating to dishonesty in the previous five years.
- Positive proof of identity & home address must be produced before equipment is removed from our premises (e.g. Driving license, passport, bank statement or utility bill within 2 months)
- It is advised that hirers should check the compatibility of their own items to ones hired from The Owner. The Owner accepts no responsibility for equipment that does not work in conjunction with that of The Hirer.
- One day hire is classed as a 24hr period maximum. Any hire period over this time will incur the daily or weekly hire charge (which ever is appropriate).
- All goods hired on Fridays must be returned by 2pm on saturdays unless otherwise arranged.
- All hirers must be over the age of 18 and be in full-time employment.
The Owner is not responsible for consequential loss, no matter how caused.
If any part of these terms are found to be illegal or invalid under this country's laws, the remaining parts will remain valid and in full force.