The Production Manager will work closely with clients to develop innovative event concepts and solutions and to take the technical lead on the events and installations. You will be responsible for managing a production from the initial brief through to completion and to ensure that processes run reliably and efficiently.
They must be capable of managing multiple projects under tight deadlines and will possess excellent written and verbal skills. A team player with excellent customer service, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills. Attention to detail is imperative and enthusiasm for the music, production and live events is essential.
You must be a self-starter capable of working independently with very little supervision. Due to the nature of the event sector, flexible working hours including weekends, public holidays and evenings will be required, although standard working hours will be 9.30am to 5.30am Monday to Friday. Flexible working hours is also considered.
- Manage employees, freelancers, and contractors
- Production co-ordination of all events from small to large scale and corporate events
- Event management and logistics, to include audio and video production, lighting, staging, rigging etc
- Crew and equipment resource scheduling
- Write and update standard operating procedures, processes, lessons learned and best practices.
- Lead for Health and Safety procedures on production events and installations and ensuring these are adhered to
- Assess health and safety requirements and create risk assessments and method statements
- Advise and recommend equipment purchases to ensure SBS Audio Visual stays market leaders
- Ensure that quality expectations are achieved, standard operating procedures are followed, and production costs are within budget.
- Management reporting, job cost analysis, and resource utilisation analysis
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- Must be capable of managing multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact professionally
- Technical expertise in a broad range of state-of-the-art production equipment
- Skilled in the setup and operation of a wide variety of audiovisual equipment
- Domestic and international travel may be required.
- Evening or weekend hours will be required
- This is not a 9-5pm job by any means and the flexibility to work non-traditional hours and travel to manage the running of events is expected.
Audio Visual Technician
Job Type: Full-time
Please fill in the form at the URL link below to process your application further